Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Latin Night With J-Lo Fails to Heat up the Stage...

Melinda - "Sway" - She really made me smile with this performance and she moved away from the Donna Summer theme that's stuck to the past oh so however many weeks. Having said she also achieved a certain amount sexiness and her response to Simon's critique was classic.

Lakisha - "Conga" - Finally we see some personality coming out of Lakisha. Last week I called her predictable, but I would never predicted her singing the conga. Even though the judges called it safe I think she needed a song to showcase personality rather than her talent.

Chris - "Smooth" - This is the second week in a row that he used the band as a prop and brought them up close on stage with him. It was a good diversion because the song didn't flow until the second half. The vocals just were not great.

Haley - "Turn the Beat Around - Another fun and sexy performance by Haley. When she walked out onto to stage I thought "how much shorter can her shorts get." They seem to be shrinking weekly. But hey her voice isn't going to win her the competition and she knows that so she's using what God gave her. Who can fault her for that?

Phil - "Maria Maria" - I thought his vocals were better than Chirs' but the problem with Phil is he's just boring. Simply put, there's nothing in his performances or personality that make me want to see him stay on the show.

Jordin "Rhythm is Gonna Get You" - WOW, how can anyone sing this song and make boring. I don't know but Jordin found a way. I blame it on the arrangement because she's better than this.

Blake - "I Need to Know" - The best of the night, hands down. He was connected to the song. He felt it, he lived it, he was great.

Sanjaya - "Mesa Me Mucho" - The vocals weren't bad. The performance wasn't bad. But I've come to expect Sanjaya to come out on stage and be outrageous, he didn't do that this week. I was bored. If we have to live with Sanjaya on the show, I at least want to laugh at him every week.

Who's Going Home -

There's been one trend with who's been going home every week and that is that the person hasn't been in the bottom group yet. Obviously Brandon hadn't been in the bottom group because it was week 1, but neither had Stephanie, Chris S. or Gina. So if that trend continued Chris R., Haley, Phil and Sanjaya are safe. That means one of the "diva's" would go home. And I'd say Lakisha would be the first diva to leave. But if not then Phil's going home.

No comments: