Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Idols Disappoint Yet Again

The final four were an utter disappointment last night singing legend Barry Gibbs' songs. My enthusiasm for American had waned this year but last week’s rock performances re-energized me. Hopefully, this week’s lackluster performances were due to the contestants having to learn two news songs this week instead one. We'll see. Next week they're going to be singing three.

1. Melinda - "Love You Inisde and Out" - Maybe it's just me but I hate falsetto's. The first performance just didn't work. Simon was right on the money when he said it was a back-up singers performance. Her voice just got completely lost in the music.

"How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" - The first half was just average, but she brought it home in the second half. Overall, her weakest week yet.

2. Blake - You Should Be Dancing" - It started off shaky but as usual Blake made the song his own. It wasn't nearly as good as last week but it was ok.

"This is Where I Came In" - I didn't care for the song, but he made it his own. He should have sung one song normal and completely tore the other one up. Instead he produced two mediocre performances.

3. Lakisha - "Staying Alive" - She needed a song like this to showcase her personality. The vocals were good, but nothing spectacular.

"Run To Me" - Another great vocal, but nothing out of this world.

4. Jordin - "To Love Somebody" - Some moments of the song were great, other bland and disappointing. The judges loved it, I wasn't impressed.

"Woman in Love" - The best vocal of the night for me, but yet again I was disappointed.

So Who's Going Home

This is where it gets real tricky. Both Blake and Lakisha have been in the bottom group before. So I'd have to say one of them will be leaving us tonight. However, I think Blake will have captured Phil and Chris' fans so I doubt he'll be leaving. My choice is Lakisha.

No comments: